Monday, March 5, 2012

2 Color Clothing for the new seasons - Rodarte, DVF at the GAP

Being a New Yorker fashion is everywhere, especially when it is fashion week (mid Feb).  The below picture caught my attention in my Thursday paper, which has the style section and also taken during fashion week.
Rodarte

The retro vintage inspiration of these coats I totally adore. Making them in 2 contrast colors I love! I was pleasantly surprised to see that Rodarte are 2 sisters from Pasadena. Yay! American designers! So many designers  are from Paris and London that I personally find it frustrating. It's a great welcome to see some American designers. As an old boss recently said to me a non American has trouble designing American Sportswear. Classic, cool coats for women, detail to design and something a woman of any age can wear.  So excited for Rodarte!

Some other 2 color items that I discovered in Instyle magazine this month are new girls dresses from the elegant and glam Diane Von Furstenberg. Creator of the wrap dress, Diane has come up with very cool prints for the little girls in our lives, being sold at the GAP starting March 15th.




DVF at the GAP? Is GAP trying to help it's sales by following Target's model using well known designers for one off collections? What do you think? Think the dresses are cute? Will they be a hit?

No comments:

Post a Comment