Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hip Hop Hippity: Easter Rabbits in NYC


At Loopy Mango on Grand St in Soho or online
Love these colors! 

Everywhere in New York City I am seeing rabbits. Yes it is Easter time, as an animal rescuer I must plug in not to get a rabbit for an Easter gift.  Too many land at the shelter. Instead of buying, adopt or buy one of these cuties.  Some times the rabbits can look a little creepy so be careful. I think the ones here are all safe.  One of the nice things about Easter or Spring time rabbits is they can be created so many different ways and made into countless number of characters.
Marie Belle on Broome in Soho. Look at the chocolate rabbit in the window...
writing this just gets me craving chocolate.

This window is at All Seasons Florist on 8th ave at 53rd. They have great windows.
These rabbits look like they are ready for an Easter Parade. Love the traditional pastel colors.

Some cool Easter baskets. These are the kind I had growing up. I have 4 brothers and sisters and looking for the Easter Baskets was so much fun. 




My sister Tammy had this kind. I can't wait to tell my mother that these baskets are being sold on Etsy.



Handwoven basket by basketsbyrose on etsy



Love these traditional egg baskets.


If you are looking for some more Easter ideas check out this treasury I put together for the NewNew NYC Etsy Team called Down the Rabbit Hole

As I was looking for different type of Easter baskets I of course ran into some old Easter pics of myself that my husband was nice enough to email me so I thought I would share with you.
Hope you enjoy and have a lovely Easter.





No comments:

Post a Comment