Monday, March 31, 2014

Sip n Sewcial This Friday in NYC

Happy Monday! I hope you had a nice and productive weekend.  It rained here in New York but the weather is in the 50's!  What did you do this weekend? Any sewing? Are you working on any tough projects?  This Friday on April 4th I will be teaching at the first Sip n Sewcial at the Sewing Studio in Manhattan.  I am so excited about this event!  I know when I was single and childless sometimes I just preferred to hangout at home on a Friday night and do some sewing, enjoy a glass of wine or two.  The bar scene gets very old, very quick.   Who am I kidding, I still like to hang out at home and sew or do some other craft on a Friday night! 

Apron making

Busy bees

A student's shirt coat from Intro to Sew 2

If you are working on a project, want to start a new project, want some guidance or just want to be crafty and meet some new creative people you should come to the Sip n Sewcial.  It starts at 6 pm and goes until 10 pm.  You have full use of the sewing machines, the sergers, irons, and huge, spacious tables!  You can't find that in NYC!  If you need some help on a project I will be there to answer any questions.  Or if you want to try something new I will be teaching my Spring Infinity Scarf. 

Spring Infinity Scarf

To secure your spot you can pre-pay for your ticket here on Eventbrite

If you would like to make the Spring Infinity Scarf bring a half yard each of two different fabrics and matching thread.  For my scarf above I used 3 scrap pieces of Liberty of London and this reverses to Essex by Robert Kaufman.  

I almost forgot to mention, wine is provided!

Hope to see you there!
And have a crafty week!

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment