Sunday, August 5, 2012

Flower Inspirations

Soiree Floral in Nantucket, also serving CT and NYC
Summer is in high gear and my garden is finally starting to bloom! My little dahlias and cosmos make me so happy.  I cut maybe 4 or 5 at a time, place them around the house. Sometimes just one bud in a simple old blue jar I found at my Uncle's house.   But I wanted to share with you some floral arrangement photos that I find inspiring.

Soiree Floral what a cute idea!


I have to say I am partial to Soiree Floral in Nantucket. Dawn the owner and creative director is simply awesome and they did our flowers and tables for our wedding. Here are a couple photos from our wedding taken by Claudia Kronenberg Photography.
cranberry branches

Australian flowers

I really like using vintage jars for vases. 

The below pic is from Martha Stewart on facebook. Love how they use bark adhered to a terra cotta pot. What a great idea!

Martha Stewart using bark on a terra cotta pot
From Little Flower School blog in Brooklyn
I discovered this wonderful gem of a blog thru google...gotta love it.
 These 2 gals are in Brooklyn and their classes sell out at the Botanical Garden so quickly. Maybe some day I will get in on time. I love the wild but perfectly placed Marie Antoinette look of this arrangement.


The below pic comes from Tea on the Terrace in England. 



And a shot of my own handi work from the garden.


zinnias from seed


What are your favorite flowers to grow? This is my first season growing "cutting" flowers.  I look forward to the sunflowers to pop out. I planted a few types of different sizes and colors.  Can't wait to place them in a vase with some pink cosmos and zinnias!



No comments:

Post a Comment