Monday, August 20, 2012

Student Spotlight: Jillian from Burdastyle



Jillian at 3rdward

Happy Monday! I just learned that a past sewing student has finally posted the blog post she was working on in my class. Jillian, who is an employee at Burdastyle, took my Sewing 101 at 3rdward in Bushwick this past Spring. Personally I was a tad nervous having someone from Burdastyle take my class where I taught a bag from Burdastyle.  What is Burdastyle you ask?   Well it is an online community for sewing and sewing enthusiasts.  You can buy a pattern, download a free pattern, post your projects and today I learned they are now linked to etsy so you can sell the item you made from the pattern you received from Burdastyle.

Jillian was in a great class. Every student took a different take on the Charlie Bag which when made reversible I call the Samantha Bag. These are great grocery bags but also all day bags.  I use mine as a purse and to carry my laptop. I also sell them in my etsy shop.

Here is a link to Jillian's post.



Jillian
Ramell did a denim and contrast fabric for pocket




No comments:

Post a Comment