Friday, December 6, 2013

Two Workshops in NYC for the Holidays

Liberty of London fabric lined with Shot cotton
Ok are you trying to think of something to make for the holidays?
I will be teaching 2 different workshops at the Sewing Studio this month.  One is holiday based, the other is not.  Both of them are for beginners to intermediate.  If you don't know how to use the sewing machine don't worry, I will teach you.  You will also learn some hand sewing, working with applying embellishments and interfacing.  If you are looking for something fun to do with your friends you should come on by!



December 18th 6:30 to 9:30

Alexander Henry Day of the Dead fabric with Shot cotton


Workshop 2
Craft a Keepsake Stocking
Saturday December 21st 3 to 6

Wool felt is so lovely to work with.  With Harper now in my life I decided to start a new tradition, maker her a stocking every year.  I have been playing with wool felt alot lately.  Besides being warm, it is super flexible, forgiving and comes in so many colors!  Don't be surprised if you see more projects from me using this fabulous fabric!

felt bundles from Purl Soho
 One of the above bundles is great for details and trimming but the size of each piece is not large enough for one stocking.  Suggestion: you can always sew a color blocked stocking and piece the felt together.

samples I am working on


You bring the felt, fabric and what ever embellishments you want.  Some suggestions are sequins, smaller pieces of felt, rick rack, pom poms, embroidery floss.  How about some metallic or glow in the dark floss? DMC makes both!
We will provide needles, some trim, glues, templates, the pattern and the sewing machines of course!
Come take a break from the crazy holiday shopping on December 21st and have some fun!



rick rack, pom poms and green metallic sequins

 The felt pom poms and metallic sequin strip I bought at Purl Soho.  The rick rack I purchased from etsy years ago, it's from my stash.

Mini stocking measuring 6"



And hopefully you won't be having a cat sit in your supply box....what can I say the wool is warm and cozy!

Homer

No comments:

Post a Comment