Monday, May 20, 2013

Peter Som at Anthropologie -Illustration meets fabric

Once the warm weather hits I love wearing dresses, skirts and shorts, anything for my legs to be free!  Anthropologie is currently working with Peter Som, a San Francisco native and graduate of Parsons.  I received the email announcing the collection and loved his illustrations.   So many fashion companies don't use illustrations anymore,  they feel it is such a waste of time and everything becomes about making money.  With technology, drawing your ideas and dreams have become obsolete.  I find this to be so sad.   Illustrating is a talent and to me it will never go out of style.  No one can replace an illustrator but someone can always replace computer drawn sketches.




All images from Anthropologie and Peter Som.

I love the way they transferred his images onto the fabric.  It's like a water color or oil painting of a garden.  A total success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment