Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Parade NYC Style

Hello! I hope everyone had a lovely Easter! Many cities have Easter parades and of course New York City has one like no one else. I wasn't sure what to write about in today's blog until I saw this morning on NY1, our local news channel, pictures from the parade. I thought I have to share some of these pics with my blog. This parade is not really organized. It's more like everyone is welcome and you show off your Easter outfit or your Easter bonnets.  It dates back to the 1800's so people had an event to go to after church. It runs along 5th ave from East 49th to East 57th so it lands almost at the bottom of Central Park.


fantastic!

Beautiful floral arrangement! 







pictures from http://www.ibtimes.com and about.com

Not sure which one is my favorite. Maybe the eggshell hats!
Do you have a favorite? 
Hope you enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment