Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Historic Embossments

My brother in law sent me a very cool picture that he took.  He and my sister used to live in Rome and my Uncle's sister (Uncle thru marriage so not blood related) lives in a town called San Vincenzo. They would visit occasionally.  The picture here was taken in a ghost town near San Vincenzo.  I am told the town was destroyed by an earthquake but a few buildings remain. This embossment is of a pair of scissors and a sewing machine.

Just by looking at it I can imagine the work and creation going on in this building. The daily business and interaction with all the clients. Clothing being made with love and passion, how it should be. 
  I might be romanticizing a bit, but that's ok.
Do you think it's beautiful?

(photo by Jason Angelus)



2 comments:

  1. When does it date from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am told that the stone could have been from the 20th century, as these very rural areas only developed in Italy in the last 100 - 150 years.

    ReplyDelete