Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Unofficial Start of Fall: Nantucket Holiday

Sankaty Lighthouse


As many as you know I usually visit the island of Nantucket in Massachusetts this time of year.  And this year is no different.  Except that we are here for two weeks and my daughter is 15 months old so it's not really a vacation.  However, it is still incredibly enjoyable to be here.  I do love coming to the island.  It is magical.  There are several historical associations on the island and they have done an excellent job at maintaining the integrity of the island.  We always go to the beaches but if it is a cloudy day it is not a loss.  You can find me on one of the many walking tours!  If you are not a walking tour type of person just submerge yourself and get lost.  Harper and I take a walk every morning.  There is inspiration everywhere!











Classic Cape Cod style houses, gardens and yards are well cared for and after Labor Day the crowds leave.  As someone said to me this morning on my walk, "It's the most beautiful time of year". 

No comments:

Post a Comment