Thursday, March 7, 2013

Products I've Been Working On. Sewing with Liberty of London

Last night in class a student told me she never heard of Liberty of London until taking my class.  Well I am a fan. Liberty of London is beautiful and cool, well made and obtainable.  Obtainable is key because as a consumer you can't always buy quality fabric by the yard.  Only 3 stores in NYC sell it.  Another student asked, is it difficult to sew with. This is a good question because Liberty feels like silk, also it has a similar weight.  Liberty is 100% cotton and yes it is easy to sew with, just use a size 8 or 9 needle.  The last quality I appreciate much with Liberty, it is made in England. It is difficult these days to buy something not made in Asia.  When you buy Liberty you are buying from a company that is paying fair wages. Check out this cool video of the print facility.

Last summer I launched a new product in my etsy shop and on my website, Liberty Bandanna Scarves. What's a bandanna scarf? You can wear it in your hair or as a scarf. Great for temperamental weather.






This spring I have introduced Pocket Squares (which also can be used as a hankie, ladies).  There are now a few listed in my etsy shop but more are to come!

Emilia
Thanks Andy for modeling for me.

Bourton - a lovely blue paisley

Susanna Pocket Square


Emilia with Capel
Capel is a whimsical floral in a perfect dress shirt lavender.
Not posted on etsy yet. 


Since this is new product I am always looking for feed back. What do you think?  Do you like the prints I have chosen? Would you use this as a pocket square or hankie?




1 comment:

  1. Hi, there. I happened upon your great blog somehow, and was so nice to see a fellow Liberty of London lover. I have a (bad financial) habit of buying Tana Lawn. :) Last week, I was in my local fabric store here in Tokyo, and they had a flash sale. My reaction to the sweet words that "in the next 15" Liberty will be 30% off"? I bought 3 meters each of 3 different lawn prints: Karter, Lodden, and Mauverina. I am in heaven.

    I need to correct something you said, though ("The last quality I appreciate much with Liberty, it is made in England. It is difficult these days to buy something not made in Asia"): Liberty of London fabric is also made here in Japan. You may know that Japanese manufacturers have exacting standards as well. :)

    ReplyDelete