Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Life....hot toddies and more!



Life happens and then the blog falls behind. Well I have had the first cold of the season. Big bummer. It started the night I went to see Bruce Springsteen for the first time. He is absolutely fantastic!  Life has been happening, with me coughing and sneezing and sniffling...you know all that fun stuff. Well there is some relief: hot toddies. Or according to wikipedia hot totty. The traditional hot toddy is whiskey, hot water, honey, lemon. Or has hot toddie become a synonym for booze plus hot water?

Cocktails.about.com sites this as the recipe 
  • 1 oz brandy, whiskey or rum
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • 1/4 lemon
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 1 tea bag
Andy and I visited one of our new local fave bar/farm to table restaurant, BluePrint on 5th Ave.  The bartender there made a wonderful hot toddy for me. He did mention putting cloves in which also is medicinal.

Check out the below link for a variety of bars and hot cocktails:

So my version of a hot toddy at home: hot water, Jameson, half of lemon, big spoonful of honey and some minced ginger. Quite tasty. 

Now that I am mostly better, minus some mucous. Lovely I know. I am working on Fall 2013 mens sportswear colors, scheduling the holiday shows in NYC and sewing more product. Also working on fun projects: lunchbags for my nieces, quilt for Andy's birthday that consists of 19 prints! Yes you read that correctly, and still working on a quilt for Haptic Labs. I hope to post all of the progress and pictures. Oh yea the office is slowly coming together.


No comments:

Post a Comment